Home » Uncategorized » SBSR Dive Day 3

SBSR Dive Day 3

Sunny and cloudy this morning, very little wind.

Slept 10 hours last night (9-7), to say that I am feeling wide awake would be a lie.

Breakfast now, the standard fried eggs 🍳🍳on toast. Sitting at someone else’s reserved table… In our defence, it was in the shade and they weren’t here.

Just to turn the clock back to last night, I though I would share one of my crib hands that helped me draw even in our crib tournament…

Oh, yeah!

Something else from yesterday, whilst we were between mornings dives we were watching fruit bats in the palm trees. Nice. πŸŠπŸ¦‡πŸ‹πŸ¦‡πŸˆπŸ¦‡πŸπŸ¦‡πŸ’πŸ¦‡

Meeting at 8:30 to dive Santa Paz and Olly’s wall on the other side of the bay. Just the four of us on the boat, us, Chris and Dave, all from Thailand. Pook decided to take it easy after yesterday afternoon’s dive.

Two wonderful dives this morning.

Here’s a picture of our captain, Puloy…

Dive #1

Santa Paz

Straight down the wall and out to the pinnacle, the top of which is at about 26 metres, spent about 9 minutes there and then back to the wall and gradually up and on to the top of the reef.

The pinnacle is so very pretty, covered in white hydrozoa, which seem to drape all around the sides.

Surface interval included coffee, biscuitsπŸͺ, watermelon πŸ‰ and pomelo 🍊.

Dive #2

Olly’s Wall

Not such impressive scenery as Santa Paz, but a really wonderful dive.

We were moored over the reef at the beginning of a slope that went down to 28 metres. Just a lovely bimble. Saw the yellow pygmy seahorse in the yellow sea fan at 28 metres, then gently back up the slope and on to the coral garden at the top.

On the top of the reef, we saw five crown of thorns. They are a problem here at the moment. In the past they have devastated almost all of the sites, only Adrian’s Cove was left unscathed.

We reported our find so that they could be dealt with at a later date.

Now for a couple of pictures of the boat. Ian and crew getting ready to catch the buoy, back at base. Notice the flat calm sea.

A picture of the resort, with the big boat and our transport back to shore.

Lunch now, a BLT baggette for me, only needing the Hellman’s that Barry and Judy are bringing out with them. Richard had the stir fried cabbage with ground pork, spicy.

Perhaps, time for a little nap before the next, hopefully current free, dive.

Shortly after lunch the wind got up, big time! I elected not to dive which just left Richard and Chris as a buddy pair with Ian as their guide.

I took video of them making their way out to the boat. This will follow as I will need to compress it.

This is Richard’s report of the dive.

Dive #3


It was great!

You would have loved it!

Hmmm….. πŸ€”

Here is a picture of the boat while I was waiting for them to come back.

On to getting the photos of the cameras before a pre dinner drink. I have deleted so many. Not quite in the swing of things yet.

Next up, a Red Horse and a Rhum and Coke…Time for crib…


I’m in the lead!

πŸŽ‰ 🎊 πŸŽ‡ 🎈 ✨

Came from behind! Excellent last hand and box!



Won again! Thanks to hands like this…


Oh dear, 7-4…

Perhaps for martial bliss we should reset to 0-0





Oh, dinner was good. Lumpia for starters followed by sweet and sour pork, stir fry vegetables and plain rice. Delicious. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Power went off during dinner. MWAH! MWAH!

Back in the room now. Looking at photos πŸ’» whilst Richard is checking out the inside of his eyelids.πŸ˜”